Let’s talk about 5 smart reasons to buy a home during the holidays. While others are busying shopping during the holidays for the latest iphone or pair of shoes, smart buyers are scooping up the home of their dreams. This is a great time of the year to be shopping for your next home.
Here’s the 5 reasons
1. Less competition from other buyers. Many buyers have decided to put their home search on hold as they celebrate the holidays. They may be traveling or hosting company and just don’t want what they think is a hassle. Or, they heard that a lot of sellers take their home off the market and think they might as well take a break too.
But consider this. Even if there might be less homes on the market, you also have less competing buyers. If you’ve ever been squeezed in a multiple offer situation, then you know it makes sense to buy during this time of the year.
2. Motivated sellers. Why would a seller want buyers coming through their home while company is in town or while holiday parties are taking place. Because they are motivated to sell. And some of them are down right desperate. That’s good new for buyers.
3. You may be able to save on next year’s taxes. Homeowners have cherished the mortgage interest deduction and the ability to deduct property taxes. If you buy now, the savings begin now.
4. Realistic picture of the home. Sure the home looks pretty during the holiday and that’s nice. But during the winter, the lawn is a little brown and the spring flowers are gone. You’ll get a more realistic picture of what the home really looks like.
5. Easier access to professionals. Home Inspectors are less busy so it will be easier to schedule your inspection. Real estate agents and lenders are less busy as well. You’ll get more attention during this time of the year. Even movers are less busy and some are offering discounts.
BONUS REASON: Right now buyers are still able to get a mortgage at a historically low rate. Your payments are certain to be lower now than if you wait until rates go up.
Give me a call to find your perfect home. Dan Forbes 512-516-4666.