Your level of success will equal your level of personal development – Jim Rohn
You will never change your life until you change something that you do daily – John Maxwell
Successful people get up early every day. Who gets up early?
- Tim Cook, CEO of Apple 3:45am
- Tim Armstrong, CEO AOL 5:00am Exercise and read
- Jeff Immelt, retired CEO GE 5:30am workout
- Richard Bradson, Virgin Group Founder 5:45am
- Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is at the office by 6 a.m.
Decide when you are going to start your day and make it a consistent habit. Get up everyday at the same time.
If you need help creating your morning routine I suggest that you read The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. In the book he introduces us to S.A.V.E.R.S.
S – Silence
A – Affirmations
V – Visualization
E – Exercise
R – Read
S – Scribe (Journal)
Your morning routine should begin the night before. The last thing you think about when you go to bed will be the first thing you think about when you get up in the morning.
Here’s My Morning Routine:
- Wake at 5:00pm and put my feet on the floor saying “Thank….You” as my left and right foot hit the floor
- Go to the bathroom…and recite my morning affirmation. I borrowed this from my friend Jim Gentil (JimGentil.com)
Look in the mirror and SMILE and repeat this affirmations and use the sign, so that you are using your seeing, hearing and feeling senses.
With thumbs up say….
I feel fantastic
I feel great
I feel super
I feel terrific
I feel wonderful
With your index finger up in the #1 sign say…
I’m number one
I like myself
I love myself
Make the peace sign and say…
I am at peace with myself
Make the victory sign with your arms raised into a “V” and say…
I’m the best
I’m the greatest
and this day I am achieving my goal, because I’m a positive powered winner
As you make an arm pump motion say…
and winners say, “YES!”
3. Fix a pot of coffee
4. Feed the dog and take her out for a 30+ minute walk
5. Devotional Reading & Prayer
6. 7 Minutes of Meditation/Quietness
7. Write down my 10 biggest goals (personal and business)
8. Write down one thing that made me happy yesterday
9. Write down Three Things I’m grateful for
10. Write down Four Affirmations
11. Review my Dream Book
12. Visualize my Successful Day
13. Read 20+ Minutes
14. Practice my Scripts and Dialogues
How do you think I feel after this routine? I feel like I can do ANYTHING!